Thursday, January 26, 2006

Comments Policy

I would like to take a moment to direct your attention to the bottom of this post. There, you will notice a tiny link that says "comments" with a number in front of it. So far, the number is consistently zero.

What's the matter? By hit-count, I can tell that you're reading at least a little bit of what I have to say. Am I not being controversial enough? I would have thought by now that at least one reader would have disagreed with me strongly enough to let me know that I'm a fool. But so far, zilch.

So, I want to make sure I mentioned to everybody that, by clicking that little link, you can add a comment to my post. Comments are not immediately displayed to the web -- they go directly to me. And then, I review the content and choose whether I'm going to make it part of the permanent record, or whether I'll just keep what you write as a personal message to me.

Since I am at least trying to pretend that I have "editorial standards" I feel it's only fair to share some of them. Comments will be published in the following order of preference:
  1. Rebuttals, refutations, and dissenting opinions regarding the points I'm ranting about.
  2. Comments regarding errors and omissions in my rant.
  3. Anything else that is clear, interesting, and on-topic.
Of course, in order to protect my reputation for being random and capricious, I also promise that from time to time, I will completely ignore the standards I just laid out and share a comment for no other reason than because I feel like it. Hey, at least I warned you, right?

So now, surf over to your most- or least-favorite post so far, click that little link, and let us know what you think.

Thanks!
-Simon

P.S. There's another link, right next to "comments" that says "link to this post." I encourage you to link to any post of mine that you wish, and I will always post reciprocal links (unless you are promoting hate, violence, scam, or spam -- there's enough of that on the web without my help). That way, you can avoid my alleged "editorial standards" if you'd like, while we still preserve a maximum sharing of information, and I still get to preserve my illusion of aesthetic plausibility.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Simon Ayesse said...

Okay, I'm a moron. Apparently, one of the security settings for this blog was preventing everybody from adding comments.

I hope I've fixed that now? Please try again, and email me if it's still broken.

Thanks!
-Simon

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home