Monday, January 23, 2006

Getting Started

Greetings, friends & strangers. I've been out of circulation for a while now, but it's time to resurrect the old "Simon Says" -- with new technology, and a new twist. In the past, Simon Says was mainly a newsletter about the minutia of my life – the washer and drier, photos of sunsets, and insects that I like. That was fun. But it also faded pretty fast.

Since then, I’ve been sporadically sending group email on the topics that strike me. It’s been chaotic, disorganized, and hard even for me to keep track of. I thought about getting back on a microphone, and throwing myself back into the ‘spoken word’ and ‘performance poetry’ flow… but that just doesn’t feel right, any more.

The truth of the matter is, from where I’m sitting today, I have more to say. And the way to say it well, from my perspective, is to take the time to organize my thoughts and share them in a manner that encourages feedback over time.

And so, I’m cleaning out the lint trap in my head and getting ready to organize these thoughts for you all. Watch this space, and come back often, if you’re curious what “Simon Says” this time.

Thanks, and you’ll be hearing from me soon!

-Simon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home